For the third consecutive year, Grayscale surveyed the investor community to explore attitudes and perspectives around Bitcoin. Despite the regular launch of new currencies, Bitcoin continues to pervade discussions among investors, advisors, financial institutions, media, service providers, regulators, and policymakers. Grayscale conducted this third wave of research to assess how perceptions of Bitcoin have shifted since 2019, particularly as it relates to the following topics:
- Familiarity with and interest in Bitcoin (and other cryptocurrencies)
- Profile of investors interested in Bitcoin
- Aspects of Bitcoin that drive investor interest
- Barriers to investing in Bitcoin
- The role Bitcoin plays in one’s portfolio
- Impact of a Bitcoin ETF
Download the full 2021 Bitcoin Investor Report below.